Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oh the places you've been!

So it's two weeks into this thing they call deployment. The phone has found it's way back into my constant carry, into the bathroom, by the running shower water, on the pillow, by the burning stovetop, and often in the top of my bra, to name a few places. It is safe to say, I refuse to miss any chance of communication. I have been finding myself being a bad bad girl and answering it at the most in oportune times, like at work. Then, when it's not him (which it often isn't), I have to explain to the other person, whom I have no desire to talk to, that my fiance is deployed and I only want to talk to him and I shouldn't have answered my phone at work but what's a girl to do! Skype has been a miracle maker, that's for sure. You underestimate how precious it is to just stare at some one you love. I could stare at him all day and not say a word and that would be sufficient communication. I mean, seriously, we haven't had to exercise our phone skills like this in YEARS, like since junior year of high school. We are trying to get better at our phone conversations, but our relationship has reached that point when you no longer have hours of material to gab about. That is why I LOVE Skype. Because we can make silly faces at eachother and don't have to talk every mili-second of the time we spend "communicating". Staring at eachother is just fine by me when it's him I'm looking at. And although I can't speak for him, I would guess he agrees that I offer a pretty good view in return.

So as week two comes to a close and week three begins I'm still waiting, make that obsessing, over my next phone call. Since the Tsunami hit, I have still not reached contact with him, which is frustrating, but understandable. That's why God made patience, for moments like this when you need to wait it out for your deployed Marine to get out of the field, get to his phone, hope it's charged enough to make a call home, find internet connection, hope not too many other guys are using that same WiFi, and finally dial his favorite phone number to reach his favorite person,ME, to either talk to or stare at (which ever is more convenient at the time.)

And then, when the phone calls don't come, the Insomnia (in the aforementioned blog) returns. Which leads me to why I'm blogging at 2am, because I have absolutely nothing to look forward to tomorrow and sleepiness is no where to be found when the phone call obsession takes over. Which reminds me, I think I made it this far without a major meltdown due to the fact that I have had a constant schedule since he left. I think tomorrow marks the first day that I can honestly say, I have nothing planned. I hate to see how these things they call deployments feel when you stop planning your every waking minute. My best bet is probably to just keep it all planned out, keep something to look forward to every day off, even a trip to Costco or Target to get Care Package supplies. I need to remain focused on keeping busy, or this facade I have created to cover up my real emotions about living minus my other half is going to fade quickly.

Off to bed, or at least near a pillow in a horizontal position. Thanks for reading, all of my not so many bloggers out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment