Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Symptom Number Two

As some of my friends may recall from my eating habits during Daniel's bootcamp, my appetite was slightly missing. In place of full meals and healthy snacks, I ate gallons of Mint Moose Tracks ice cream to supplement the inadequacies of my diet. Well friends, the second symptom of deployment has finally hit, I knew it was only time. I have officially lost my appetite and it is hiding somewhere sneaky, probably behind the Mochi in my freezer.  I'm not sure if this is permanent or if perhaps it will come back when I finally get that phone call mentioned in my previous post (which I am still waiting on, by the way.) From the time I woke up until about 25 minutes ago, my diet consisted of half a bowl of shredded wheat cereal. So, just to make the picture a little clearer, I have only consumed about 100 calories since 11 am this morning and it's now 6pm, that is highly unusual for me. I am a girl who likes to eat her meals. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, morning snack, afternoon snack, late night snack....the list could go on, depending on the day.

There are two problems with this whole appetite situation. (1) Shredded wheat does not have enough nutrition in it to keep me full all day, which it didn't. I actually got hungry but didn't really care, for whatever reason. Maybe I will figure out why in a few days, I'll get back to you on that. (2) I don't even like shredded wheat! So now not only am I eating less than usual, my taste buds have forgotten to remind me that I don't have to eat what I don't like eating.

So the second symptom of misery (or at least of loneliness when your Marine is deployed) is clearly loss of appetite. Although my body is somewhat malnourished at the moment, it does make for a really quick weight loss technique, one that I am NOT encouraging, so don't go trying to loose your  appetite to loose weight, it's probably going to come right back when he gets home anyway. I fully intend on driving down to the store in just a bit and buying a gallon of some sort of ice cream, since that is what sounds good right now. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment