Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Extensions? And not the hair kind

What do you do when you find out there's the possibility that they are extending his deployment? Plan a trip, that's what! Well nothing is for sure, actually I only read a quick blurb about a possible extension today on our deployment group page but the first thing that came to mind was that now I can maybe go down south again!

But then I started thinking, what happens if he comes home when I'm down there? How expensive is a plane ticket last minute? Who would take me to the airport? Who's car would we drive in case it got left in SoCal at the last minute?

Whew, enough possibilities...relax!

I think I'll just keep my usual countdown going so I don't overthink this whole situation. Hopefully it's just a scare. Another thought on his homecoming though....I am having anxiety over how things are going to be when he gets home. Right now, I'm starting to scare myself with thoughts of how I'm going to handle when he wants to see his friends and I don't see him for a whole day. I know that sounds dumb because we've been apart for quite a while, what's one day? But my anxiety is telling me that choosing to spend one day apart is harder than having to spend one day apart. My anxiety is trying to convince me that I am going to be so obsessed on making up for lost time, that I will panic when we choose to spend any length of time apart.

How do people get over this? I realize this is ridiculous, so don't get me confused with some crazy control freak. At least I can admit my weakness. But how am I going to stop obsessing over this? Anyone else ever been  here and done that? Thanks in advance...

2 comments:

  1. hey Girly, i had the SAME thoughts when Riley was gone... he was extended for 10 days... but ended up coming up EXACTLY 7 months after he left. it also feels like he NEVER left... i don't know if that's the same for everyone, but i thought i wouldn't be able to bear the thought of him going out with the guys... instead i've been encouraging it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? that's encouraging to hear. I am just worried I am going to be super posessive of his time (and I don't want to suffocate him) I just hate the thought of missing out on any more time. I've even stopped wedding planning because I HATE that he might miss out on anything else :(

    ReplyDelete