Monday, July 18, 2011

The Upside of a Deployment



(as I mentioned on facebook) I can don't have to argue with anyone over ordering Hawaiian Pizza.

I don't have to wonder what my plans will be or ask anyone if my plans fit into theirs, because I make my own schedule. 

 I can start a new job or work as many hours as I want because (sadly) I have no one waiting for me to come home each night.

I don't have to feel guilty for indulging in guilty pleasures like ridiculous reality tv, ice cream, and countless pairs of shoes. 

I get to spend extra time with my family that I don't  normally get the opportunity to. 

I can have girly weekends at a moment's notice (since I often of nothing better to do anyway.)

I get plenty of time to myself for reading, thinking, and napping; pretty much anything that wastes time

I don't have to work on wedding plans if I don't want to because I've convinced myself he wants to help me (which I honestly believe he does.) 
I spend less money (besides my shopping trips of course.)

I get to try new recipes out on my dad and perfect them before Daniel tries them so Daniel will never know how bad of a cook I really am.

I got to throw an amazing Half Way Party and bond with a special group of women going through my very same experience. 

I get to drive Daniel's truck on occasion, which is always fun, as long as I don't run anything over.
I spend more time focusing on the relationships in my life and less on the drama. It's good to be reminded of what's important, Love.


I've learned to appreciate my best friends, Amanda and Chelsea, even more than they know. Because of them, I have survived.  


 I am reminded every time he calls just how much I am loved, adored, needed, wanted, and missed.


And he's the reason it's all worth it.
L.O.V.E

5 comments:

  1. Awww. That's really awesome sweetheart. I like how you are looking at things. You truly have always inspired me with your optimism :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am NOT always optimistic Amanda, but I since this thing is almost over, I'm feeling more positive. Getting close to feeling normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog. It's very inspiring to look on the bright side of things. You are so strong Kaitlyn and I admire your support/Love for Daniel. Thanks for the comment about us too. It was very sweet. You and Amanda have been there through good and really bad times. I cherish my friendship with you too and feel so lucky to have friends like you two. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING Kaitlyn! i am so impressed with how well you have handled this deployment! i can't wait for you to FINALLY get married!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chels, love you <3

    Sav, I can't hardly wait to get married either!!! Less than a year I will be Mrs. Solnok :)

    ReplyDelete