Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our big floppy hats

Oh my, what a weekend we had! Chelsea, Amanda, and I went to visit Amanda's family in La Cresta, CA...they live in this beautiful home nestled in the mountains behind Camp Pendleton where they built "Sheffield Regional Park" as they call it. This was the girls weekend we ALL needed, each for our very own reason:

(Amanda) needed to get over her jerk of a boyfriend for breaking up with her

(Chelsea) needed  to get her mind off her anxiety about her NCLEX (her big nursing test)

(Me) needed to find a way to make this weekend (and all of the next ones till he's home) pass quickly.

I am happy to report, the trip was a success. Amanda is amazing and strong and is moving on! Chelsea found out she passed her test, and the rest of the weekend was stress free for her. I was so busy celebrating with them both I hardly had time to think about myself. 


We bought big floppy hats at Target and went to the beach

Chels and Amanda at the beach


Some family friends of Amanda's, they were both so sweet
Celebrating our "success" this weekend at Amanda's parents house
   

4 comments:

  1. Like I said, these pictures are going to be even more precious in about 20-30 years. Your kids will be looking through your album thinking..."Wow my mom was hot!"

    Big smile...so glad you made some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that's what they think! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda SheffieldJuly 06, 2011 8:06 AM

    LOL Of course that is what they are going to think!! Thank you so much Kaitlyn! I love you both so much it is amazing. You truly are sisters to me and I don't know what I would do without you. 4 weeks 3 days my dear!!! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Amanda, Alarm clock!!! :) That's what I thought about when I woke up this morning :) And then I thought about you and the "alarm clock" in my head

    ReplyDelete